2021 High School Bowling
THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE
Each student-athlete and Coach must have completed the following before participating in a try-out, practice, or game:
This required information can be found here Athletic Health Services Information: https://sciaa.digitalsports.com/health/
All coaches must:
- current CPR and First Aid Certification
- complete NFHS Covid-19 for Coaches & Administrators
- complete TN law required Concussion, Sudden Cardiac Arrest (yearly)
- complete SCS Safe Schools Athletic Coaches Covid Training
All non-faculty/volunteer or classified employees must also take (1 time):
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching
- NFHS First Aid, Health, & Safety for Coaches
Coaches must also complete SCIAA continuing education courses as required. All Coaches must be submitted to the TSSAA/TMSAA.
SCIAA Professional Development: 2021-22 SCIAA Professional Develop training for you to complete. Completing “Engaging Effectively with Parents” is mandatory via NFHSLearn.com. You will receive and email with instructions.
Student-athlete prior to tryouts, practice and competition.
- Current Physicals (medical clearance for athletic participation) dated April 15th or later
- Complete medical/contact information for emergencies at practices/games
- Parent’s signed Athlete's Health Record which includes Informed Consent & Assumption of Risk and COVID-19 Informed Consent & Risk Acknowledgement Statement for consent for sport(s) participation.
- Concussion and head injury information reviewed by athletes and parents with signed documentation
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention Act reviewed by athletes and parents with signed documentation
- First aid kit, injury ice and water at each practice and competition
- Notify parents of any injuries and provide them with the secondary insurance claim form
Girls Bowling: https://tssaa.org/sports/bowling-girls
Boys Bowling: https://tssaa.org/sports/bowling-boys
New scoring format: Six members of each team may compete in each American 10-Pin game. Five members of each team may compete in each Baker Game
All athletes must be dressed appropriately in a collared shirt, slacks, jeans, walking shorts, or skirts. Athletic pants and camouflage are not permitted. Everyone on a team must wear the same color shirt. NO T-SHIRTS, NO HATS, NO HEADDRESSES (except religious). NO ELECTRONICS ON THE LANES. All bowlers are required to wear bowling shoes during competition. Shoes will be furnished by the bowling center where the match is being played, if needed, at no cost to the student-athlete and shall be returned to the bowling center at completion of the match.
Games will begin at 4pm. (Matches at Strike Zone will begin at 4:30). There will be a 15 minute practice session prior to the start of each match.
The pit area will be limited to 1 coach per team while your player is up. The settee area is limited to the athletes bowling. All other team members are in the spectator area.
- If you can not make a match, you must notify the opposing team, SCIAA, and Bowling Coordinator in writing.
- To keep from paying a fine, the forfeiting school must notify the opposing school and the SCIAA office in writing at least 24 hours before the contest.
- If a school fails to notify the opposing team by 11:00 am in writing on the day of a scheduled contest the forfeiting school must pay the cost of the bus for the opposing team if a bus charge is incurred.
- Email the SCIAA and Bowling Coordinator an agreed reschedule date within 3 days of the original match.
- Reschedules must be at the same bowling center that they were originally scheduled.
- Coaches are responsible for contacting the bowling center to set up at time/date for the reschedule match.
- The fines for forfeiting are two hundred dollars ($200.00) for major sports, fifty dollars ($50.00) for minor sports. (Bowling is a minor sport)
- If there is a continued pattern of forfeiting/rescheduling in any sport, the Athletic Director may request an explanation.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed. Please encourage your athletes to patronize the bowling centers.
- Appropriate attire is required for practice & matches. No sagging pants, shorts shorts/skirts, tank tops or hats.
- Proper conduct is required. Athletes should act in the bowling centers as they are required to act in school.
- Coaches must call the centers to schedule practice time.
- Practice times are Monday-Friday from 3:00 pm-5:00 pm.
- Practices will be $5.00 per bowler or 1 px session a week at $150 charge to school with a Coach present
- Strike Zone will allow free practice with a reservation and Coach present
- There will be no practices on the weekends or when matches are scheduled
- A Coach must be present at each practice for the entire practice session. The centers will not issue practice lanes until the coach arrives. Please call the center if you need to cancel practice or matches.
Historical Practice Locations (You may practice where you choose)